ZVerse, Inc., a leader in the digital manufacturing space, is a digital manufacturing
ecosystem that brings together makers with the designers, materials and manufacturers they need to bring their products to life. The Columbia, South Carolina-based company is the developer of the only CAD as a Service (CADaaS) platform for digital manufacturing. This proprietary technology is the driving force behind ZVerse’s leading-edge ZShield manufacturing business, which produces millions of face shields to support the COVID-19 response.
ZVerse, Inc. is seeking a Systems Administrator, who is a proficient problem solver with a strong sense of ownership. This position is responsible for overseeing the system operation of a multi-user computer network and ensure servers are functioning properly.
- Coordinates with managers and users to identify systems problems; assesses severity of the issues and prioritizes responses as appropriate.
- Performs system tests and collaborates with programmers to resolve issues and errors.
- Works with users to identify system requirements; develops processing procedures and systems modifications to meet these specifications.
- Uses structured and cost analysis to identify and recommend updates to the current network and computer systems.
- Drafts informational materials and graphics to explain systems to managers and users.
- Prepares specifications and documents for programmers.
- Manage system infrastructure including, databases, testing computer equipment, firewalls, malware and other software and hardware.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that may arise.
- Monitor the system daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns.
- Backup systems and verify that backups have been completed.
- Regularly upgrade systems as needed.
- Assist in integrating new applications and technologies into the current system.
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems and programming.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn systems and software used by the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- Three to five years of information systems experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time